08 May Manuka honey face mask recipe
Easy to use recipe
Take the power of five natural ingredients and let your skin shine
- ½ teaspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon avocado
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Couple of drops of lemon
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl till they are smooth. Before you apply the mask, wash your face with warm water and remove all your make-up. Put the mask on and let it sit for 20 – 30 min. Relax, enjoy good music, a glass of green tea with manuka honey. Best way to remove the mask is to use a soft micro-fiber cloth and warm water.
How does your skin benefit?
1) Manuka Honey is hydroscopic, it sucks moisture into the skin. It increases skin tone reducing wrinkles and pore size. What about helping your digestive system at the same time by eating ½ a spoonful daily? A healthy gut and healthy skin. These are just two ways you can benefit from Manuka honey. Medical Grade manuka honey is pasteurized and highly filtered to remove everything that is not honey. The enzymes and proteins in the honey are untouched and remain fully effective.
2) Yoghurt is deeply moisturizing to the skin, while the lactic acid in the yoghurt smooths your skin, refines pores, and stimulates collagen production. The combination of honey and yoghurt get rid of dead skin cells for a radiant and youthful glow. It´s basically nutrition for your face!
3) Avocados contain poly- and monounsaturated fatty acids, which protect your skin. Monounsaturated fats keep the top layer of your skin moist so it’s soft and healthy looking. Polyunsaturated fatty acids guard skin from sun damage and protect against symptoms of skin sensitivity and inflammation, according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. The oils will penetrate and soften your skin. Put mashed avocado on your face to wipe away signs of aging.
4) Cinnamon has antibacterial properties as well as Manuka honey. The combination of cinnamon and manuka honey are especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. Cinnamon helps get rid of acne and pimples on the face and body. This is done by drying the skin and bringing blood and oxygen to the outer skin surface. Do you have sensitive skin? Cinnamon can occasionally be irritating if your skin is really sensitive, so you might want to do a patch test on the back of your hand first or not use it in the mask
5) Lemon juice exfoliates your skin, brightens dark spots and fades scars. Your skin will feel smooth and soft right away. Give it some time, several weeks and months, you may see a striking difference in the appearance of your skin. It will take a few applications to nice a real difference in scars and spots to reveal the Manuka honey benefits of lemon and honey on your skin.