Take the power of five natural ingredients and let your skin shine.
- ½ teaspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 teaspoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon avocado
- Pinch of cinnamon (can be omitted if sensitive)
- Couple of drops of lemon
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl till they are smooth. Before you apply the mask, wash your face with warm water and remove all your make-up. Put the mask on and let it sit for 20 – 30 min. Relax, enjoy good music, a glass of green tea with Manuka honey. Best way to remove the mask is to use a soft micro-fiber cloth and warm water.
How does your skin benefit?
1) Manuka Honey is hydroscopic, it sucks moisture into the skin. It increases skin tone reducing wrinkles and pore size. What about helping your digestive system at the same time by eating ½ a spoonful daily? A healthy gut supports having healthy skin. These are just two ways you can benefit from Manuka honey.
2) Yogurt is deeply moisturizing to the skin, while the lactic acid in the yogurt smooths your skin, refines pores, and stimulates collagen production. The combination of honey and yogurt gets rid of dead skin cells for a radiant and youthful glow. It´s basically nutrition for your face!
3) Avocados contain poly- and monounsaturated fatty acids, which protect your skin. Monounsaturated fats keep the top layer of your skin moist so it’s soft and healthy looking. Polyunsaturated fatty acids guard skin from sun damage and protect against symptoms of skin sensitivity and inflammation, according to the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. The oils will penetrate and soften your skin.
4) Cinnamon has antibacterial properties. The combination of cinnamon and Manuka honey are especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. Cinnamon helps get rid of acne and pimples on the face and body. This is done by drying the skin and bringing blood and oxygen to the outer skin surface. Do you have sensitive skin? Cinnamon can irritate sensitive skin, so do a patch test on the back of your hand first or omit it from the mask recipe completely.
5) Lemon juice exfoliates, brightens, fades dark spots and fades scars. Your skin will feel smooth and soft right away when combined with Manuka Honey.